Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu October 24, 2013
Ashland Installing New Geo-Thermal HVAC System
Changes are coming to a Lexington landmark. Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate, is installing a new geo-thermal heating and cooling system.
Curator and Site Manager Eric Brooks says the move is overdue and will save the mansion money in the long run.
"We'd been nursing it along for a number of years," Brooks said. We've needed to take action of some sort for some time, and to get organized and move forward to replace it with a system that will be much more efficient and last a very long time."
It is hoped that the new HVAC system will help Ashland cut its monthly utility bills in half.
Brooks says the estate is always closed on Mondays, but the mansion will also be closed to visitors next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The $80,000 project is funded through the private foundation that runs the estate.