Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Fri November 8, 2013
Army Gives ROTC Program A Reprieve
The U.S. Army has agreed to put off the planned closure of a Reserve Officers Training Corps program at Morehead State University.
WYMT-TV reports the program will continue on probationary status for two years, giving it time to increase the number of officers produced. ROTC cadet Eric Napier said everyone in the program at the school is excited because it means they won't have to transfer to a different university to participate. The school has 40 cadets. The ROTC program was among 13 around the country that the Army had proposed closing.