Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri April 23, 2010
Appliance Rebate Money Going Fast
By Rick Howlett
Louisville, Ky. -- – Kentucky state government has begun processing applications for an appliance
rebate program funded with federal stimulus money.
The state received about $4 million to offer in rebates to residents who
purchase various Energy Star certified appliances.
"It is open to anybody who is a Kentucky resident who purchases from a
Kentucky retailer and is replacing an older, less energy efficient model of
the same product," said rogram manager Virginia Phifer.
Phifer says the rebates range from fifty to 400 dollars, and at least 22 percent
of the funds have already been exhausted within one day of the program's launch on Thursday.
More information about the program can be found at