Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue June 16, 2009
Anti Gambling Groups Rally Against Slots Bill
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Buck Run Baptist Chuch Pastor Hershael York of Frankfort says video slots at horse tracks is not about the horses, it's about gambling and greed. "First it was about horses and increasing the purses and handle. But then, when the Herald-Leader showed in a series of articles that that's simply not true, then today, it comes out in the paper, now it's about schools. The reality is, it is and it always has been about gambling. It's about greed, pure and simple."
Senate President David Williams urged the crowd to contact their lawmakers and tell them to "Put the gambling back in Las Vegas where it belongs." The first vote on the video slots bill is pending in the House Appropriations and Revenue committee.