Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed June 3, 2009
Another Republican Wants Bunning's Seat
By Gabe Bullard
Louisville, KY – Todd County businessman Bill Johnson joins Bunning and retired engineer Roger Thoney as declared candidates in the GOP primary. Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson and Bowling Green optometrist Rand Paul have both expressed interest in the job, but they say they won't run unless Bunning drops out.
Johnson says he's ready to face them.
"I certainly invite them to join. They have their exploratory committees and they're out raising funds but I would like to see them get in the race. Let's see where they stand on the issues, let's talk about the issues and let's see who's best able to represent the needs of Kentucky."
Kentucky Senate President David Williams has also expressed interest in the primary race. Among Democrats, Attorney General Jack Conway, Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo and former customs agent Darlene Fitzgerald Price have all declared their candidacy.