Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Mon February 1, 2010
Amanda's Bill To Get More Attention This Week
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Amanda's Bill, which requires electronic monitoring of individuals in some domestic violence cases, has seen no action since January 12th, when it unanimously passed the Kentucky House. It's now in the Senate Judiciary committee, chaired by Sen. Tom Jensen. Jensen, who was just recently named chair, says he needed some time to get his feet on the ground. But he plans to call Amanda's Bill for discussion on Thursday. "It's such an important bill, I think in a lot of ways, that we need to take a good look at it and make sure it's going to apply everywhere and work everywhere. And if it doesn't, what are we going to do if it doesn't?"
Amanda's Bill is named for Amanda Ross, who was murdered outside her Lexington townhouse last September. Awaiting trial for her murder is her ex-fianc e, former Rep. Steve Nunn. Nunn has pleaded Not Guilty.