Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Fri May 11, 2012
Alaska Man To Make Uninhabited Island His Home
Originally published on Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 am
Charles Baird will be alone on the island for one year. He'll able to send short text messages, but won't be receiving any. By freeing himself from all media, he expects to have enough time to make a documentary about himself.