Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
Thu June 7, 2012
After Big Gain, Markets Look To Rise Again; All Eyes On Bernanke
Originally published on Thu June 7, 2012 10:21 am
Following up on one of the best rallies in months on Wednesday, stock index futures are pointing to a higher start today on Wall Street, Dow Jones Newswires says.
The Associated Press says there are "hopes that Europe is preparing to take action to tackle the region's financial crisis and that the Federal Reserve will consider additional support for the U.S. economy."
Speaking of the Fed, Chairman Ben Bernanke is due to testify before the Joint Economic Committee of Congress at 10 a.m. ET. The topic: The central bank's economic outlook.
We'll watch for news from what he says.
Update at 10:20 a.m. ET. Our Post On Bernanke's Testimony:
Stock indexes are in positive territory as of now.