Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue May 14, 2013
Abuse Panel To Issue First Report This Year
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- A panel appointed by Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear to review cases of severe child abuse and neglect says it expects to issue its first report later this year.
The Child Fatality and Near Fatality External Review Panel began meeting last November after Beshear created it through an executive order.
As part of its responsibilities, the Child Fatality and Near Fatality External Review Panel is required to issue an annual report that includes suggestions for changes that could improve child welfare.
Panel Chairman Judge Roger Crittenden told The Courier-Journal that he expects to have a draft report done in September and a final report that would be issued in December.