Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
Thu August 23, 2012
1972 Olympic Hoops Team To Reunite This Weekend
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Central Kentucky will play host to the 40 year reunion of the 1972 USA Olympic Basketball team which lost the disputed Gold Medal game to the USSR in Munich, Germany. It is still one of the most controversial finishes in sports history, and the captain of that team, Georgetown College's own Kenny Davis reflects on the memories that still burn bright 40 years on. We also talked with former Lexington Herald Leader and Louisville Courier Journal sports columnist Billly Reed, who was instrumental in putting the reunion together.