Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue December 4, 2012
16 Roadway Fatalities In Week Following Thanksgiving
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Preliminary reports show that 16 people died in 15 separate car crashes in Kentucky last week. The total number of deaths is still fewer than Kentucky State Police reported at this time last year.
Even with 16 fatalities between November 26th and December 2nd, statistics show that deaths on Kentucky roadways are down slightly from 2011. 678 people have lost their lives in vehicle crashes in 2012. That’s four below the number state police saw last year.
Of the 537 crashes, 123 involve suspected alcohol use.
Citizens are asked to report erratic driving and other warning signs to the Kentucky State Police at 1-800-222-5555. The calls are anonymous and should include a description of the vehicle, location, direction of travel, and license plate number if possible.