Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Thu August 1, 2013
12-Year Old Kentucky Student Wins Big on Jeopardy!
LEXINGTON, Ky--12-year old Skyler Hornback of Sonora, Kentucky just saw his college account grow by more than 66k in a matter of seconds. In a news release from Jeopardy! Skyler said “I never dreamed I would set a Kids Week record!” Not only did he beat that record, he brought home the third highest daily win in the show’s history.
Before the game started, Skyler told host Alex Trebek that he had learned the Gettysburg Address when he was 6-years old because he heard it and thought it was “cool”. He loves studying Abraham Lincoln and Civil War history and much to his surprise, the category for the Final Jeopardy! round was ‘The Civil War’.
Skyler made a big wager…on a question which needed the answer…The Emancipation Proclamation…
"After I wrote down the $30,000 wager, I spent quite a few moments thinking about what I had done," he said. "Then, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and jabbed the pen on the submit button before I had any second thoughts. I'm really glad I did."
And the rest is Jeopardy! history!