Most Active Stories
- It's tomorrow... WUKY's Phoenix Friday features Ben Sollee.
- Electricians Aren't Magicians, But Their Rabbits Disappear, Too
- Distillery District Abuzz, Ky. Companies Cash In At Valhalla, On BizLexChat
- Opening Date For Urban Outfitters, Midway Program Announcement And Country Boy On BizLexChat
- Picnic With The Pops To Feature Songs Of Elton John
In 2011, WUKY teamed up with the Kentucky Blood Center to offer a month-long event called “Operation Pumpkin” to raise awareness about the need for blood products in Central Kentucky in October 2010. Events included pumpkin carving and decorating at the Lexington Farmer's Market and Keeneland, culminating with the "Halloween in Gratz Park" celebration including live entertainment, spooky good fun, and spirits of all types.
If you're interested in taking part in a future Operation Pumpkin event, contact Robert Hansel at (859) 257-3272.