Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
In 2011, WUKY teamed up with the Kentucky Blood Center to offer a month-long event called “Operation Pumpkin” to raise awareness about the need for blood products in Central Kentucky in October 2010. Events included pumpkin carving and decorating at the Lexington Farmer's Market and Keeneland, culminating with the "Halloween in Gratz Park" celebration including live entertainment, spooky good fun, and spirits of all types.
If you're interested in taking part in a future Operation Pumpkin event, contact Robert Hansel at (859) 257-3272.