Most Active Stories
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- We’re gonna keep Summer going a bit longer with another WUKY Phoenix Friday Sept 26... 3 bands!!
- Shelton Promises Action On District Dysfunction
- Gigabit Possibilities For Lexington, Centrepointe, And KY-Swedish Connection On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Candidate To "Endorse" Biggest Fundraiser
In 2011, WUKY teamed up with the Kentucky Blood Center to offer a month-long event called “Operation Pumpkin” to raise awareness about the need for blood products in Central Kentucky in October 2010. Events included pumpkin carving and decorating at the Lexington Farmer's Market and Keeneland, culminating with the "Halloween in Gratz Park" celebration including live entertainment, spooky good fun, and spirits of all types.
If you're interested in taking part in a future Operation Pumpkin event, contact Robert Hansel at (859) 257-3272.