Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
In 2011, WUKY teamed up with the Kentucky Blood Center to offer a month-long event called “Operation Pumpkin” to raise awareness about the need for blood products in Central Kentucky in October 2010. Events included pumpkin carving and decorating at the Lexington Farmer's Market and Keeneland, culminating with the "Halloween in Gratz Park" celebration including live entertainment, spooky good fun, and spirits of all types.
If you're interested in taking part in a future Operation Pumpkin event, contact Robert Hansel at (859) 257-3272.