Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- 811 Fines On The Rise
Forecastle Festival... Listen to Rock & Roots for details.
Forecastle Festival (July 12-14, 2013) Lousville, KY
Listen to Rock & Roots for details...
Founded in 2002 by Louisville native JK McKnight, Forecastle has grown from a community event to one of the country’s most anticipated summer festivals, which now draws tens of thousands of fans from across the world to Louisville’s scenic 85-acre Waterfront Park.
In addition to featuring a who’s who of musical acts such as My Morning Jacket, The Black Keys, Bassnectar, the Flaming Lips, Sleater-Kinney, Flying Lotus and The Avett Brothers, Forecastle has consistently promoted local artists as well as focusing on environmental activism and outdoor recreation. Past Forecastles have featured prominent organizations, industry leaders, and distinguished speakers, such as Christopher Sands and Robert Kennedy Jr.
Forecastle is co-produced by Knoxville-based AC Entertainment, one of the country’s premiere independent concert promoters, putting on more than 750 concerts throughout the Southeast as well as producing major events such as Bonnaroo, Gentlemen of the Road and Mountain Oasis.
VIP passes include:
• Special entrances into the festival
• Mast and Boom stage viewing areas
• Air conditioned lounge in an exclusive hang area
• Exclusive bar
• Free access into the expanded Bourbon Lodge (must be 21 or older)
• Commemorative Bourbon Lodge cup
• Exclusive bathrooms
• Admission to exclusive radio concert for radio winners only (roughly 100 people) with the Flaming Lips at the Muhammed Ali Museum.
Check out the new album by the Flaming Lips, The Terror.
For a complete line-up of events visit ForecastleFest.com.
Find out more about the Ali Center.