The Urban County Council approved an ordinance that prohibits panhandlers and pedestrians from crossing 75-major roadways in the city. You also can’t walk up to cars at major intersections or stand in the median. The city had to craft the ordinance after a previous panhandling ordinance went to court and was stuck down as discriminatory.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
The Latest From NPR
- Denis Johnson, Author Who Wrote Of The 'Painfully Beautiful,' Dies At 67
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton Delivers Commencement Speech At Wellesley College
- In Southern India, The Spirit Of Ramadan Is Served In A Bowl Of Porridge
- Cavs Beat Celtics As LeBron James Tops NBA's All-Time Playoff Scoring List
- Attack On Coptic Christians Kills At Least 28 In Egypt