Leon Smith has been charged with defrauding more than $1.2 million from professional athletes who used his companies for financial services. Smith has been indicted of laundering, aggravated identity theft and “devising a scheme to defraud and obtain money and property from clients by means of false pretenses.”
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
The Latest From NPR
- The Idea Was To Keep Kids Safe After School. Now They're Chess Champions
- New Businesses Give Restaurant Workers The Tips They Ache For: Wellness
- Medicare Didn't Investigate Suspicious Reports Of Hospital Infections
- 'Pantsuit Nation' Serves Up Nostalgia, Uplift, Heartbreak. But Why?
- At Town Hall Meeting, Republican Lawmaker Gets An Earful