The White House says the true cost of the opioid drug epidemic in 2015 was $504 billion, or roughly half a trillion dollars.
Hear BBC News Live On WUKY HD-3
The Latest From NPR
- WATCH: On Georgia Dome's Final Day, Atlanta Bids Farewell With A Bam
- Top Stories: Charles Manson Dies; Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds Election
- Jana Novotná, 'Acrobatic Athlete' Who Won 17 Grand Slams, Dies At 49
- Week Ahead: Trump Again Shows He's Willing To Use His Pardon Power
- For Many Puerto Ricans, College Plans Washed Away With Hurricane Maria